Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Settling In


Click HERE for bigger picture

 In case you haven't heard, we got our first placement! We got a call mid-week asking if we could take him and, of course, we said YES! We picked him up Friday and he should be with us for about a month.



We're all settling in to this new life pretty well. He is 18 months old and the sweetest little guy! I'll be calling him Little1 here on my blog. He is very laid back and easy so far. H loves puzzles, shape sorters, and books! He sleeps well and I am so thankful for that! :) I know not everyone is so blessed. Thank you, Lord!

We're spending a lot of one-on-one time together so you won't see me around here too often (only when he's sleeping and I have nothing else *too* important to do). I feel very accomplished today! I swept, mopped, washed dishes, sent out some important emails and started laundry while he napped (which he is doing now). This is the first day I haven't napped at the same time. :) Hey, I love my sleep! His room is next to ours so I can hear him but I have not been sleeping well at night, worried I won't hear him over our fan and his noise machine...I keep telling my brain, "I can hear him! Sleep!" but it just won't listen. :/

Welp, I have a few more things I need to try to check off my list but wanted to let you all know how things were going. Please pray for us all as we continue to settle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment